COVID has created a dramatically different world. Yet our government is still building pipelines, still supporting wealth hoarding and inequality, still denying Indigenous communities clean drinking water, and still stalling on critical investments in affordable housing and pharmacare.
If we want different results, we need to make different choices.
In every corner of the country, families are worried about jobs, the health of our loved ones, and the public services that everyone counts on. The past 18 months have shown that Canadians can confront any challenge – when we have to, when we choose to, and when we come together. It’s also shown us that thanks to the decisions of Liberal and Conservative governments, many of the supports that we rely on just aren’t there when we need them.
- Knowing that your family's health is protected with national childcare, pharmacare and dental care programs.
- Being able to finally get ahead thanks to 500,000+ new affordable housing units, up to $20,000 in student debt forgiveness, a higher federal minimum wage, and affordable internet and cell phone services.
- Trusting your government to reduce emissions by 50% by 2030 — and to finally stop investing in fossil fuels.
- Seeing a real commitment to truth and justice through a national action plan for reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
- Having leaders who follow through on unfulfilled Liberal promises to the LGBTQ2S+ community and address systemic racism.
We can’t emerge from this pandemic stuck with a system that exploits the vulnerable and rewards the corrupt. We can’t give up our dream of a Canada that truly works for everyone.
What we need now is the courage to act together. And that is exactly what New Democrats offer to Canadians. Ready for Better is our vision for what we believe is possible. And it is our commitment to the real results that we’re going to deliver for Canadians.